Tuesday 8 November 2016

TMI Tuesday - Voting

Hi folks!
As the world knows it is crazy-time with elections in the USA, on this TMI Tuesday. Today’s questions were created by Recusen and little ol’ me. There are many types of elections–student council, city government, civic club boards, union leadership, executive boards, Homeowners Associations, and more.
vot
Refer to any type of recent elections as you answer the following questions.

1. I think more favorably about a candidate who has family, such as a spouse and kid(s)
True or False
It doesn't really matter to me, it's all about belief of integrity. There are no shortage of prominent people who have 'beards'. Here's a recent UK example of a 'family man'

2. I am more likely to support a candidate who has my same religious beliefs?
True or False
I am not religious and if anything, I would be concerned about someone who would lead based upon any form of dogma

3. I am skeptical of anyone running for any type of office if they are devoutly religious.
a. I agree
b. I somewhat agree
c. I disagree
My answer isn't so much based upon the religious aspect, my scepticism is based upon waiting to see the actions of the person, no matter who they are, religious or not. If their religion doesn't overly impact upon their policies, if they find that their religion gives them comfort, good for them.

4. If a candidate has a sex scandal, I will not vote for them.
a. True
b. False
It depends. 

If it is something like this, I understand it, perhaps a need to release, but of course I do acknowledge the impact upon his family following it being exposed

If it is something like this, it is somewhat at odds with the positions that he has held, and has sought to go for even after exposure!!

5. If a candidate was involved in a sex scandal more than a decade ago:
a. I don’t care, it will not affect my view of the candidate
b. Scandal is scandal, I cannot support that candidate
c. Everyone has sex, sex is not scandalous, I don’t care about a candidate’s sex life
e. For me to be swayed by a candidate’s sex scandal it would have to be something huge, heinous and against humanity

As in my answer to Q4, it all depends upon upon the circumstances and level of hypocrisy. Here's a few interesting ones

And then there is this one, once again a personal tragedy for him and has family, but does it really impact upon his role as a representative?


6. I like when candidates call each other names and get into negative verbal sparring.
a. Yes – It’s exciting to know the dirt
b. No – It’s a waste of time, I learn nothing about either candidate
I think that is speaks volumes about either a lack of coherent or thought through policies if you don't have the belief or ability to be able to articulate and convince others of them and instead just slate the other person. 

I've enjoyed the bizarreness of the 2016 US election just as simply a reality show spectical (don't worry, I also do acknowledge the seriousness of what is being decided and how it could impact upon us all), but I wouldn't want to see this happen again as we need to know what the candidates really believe in and what they would do upon election.

7. Do you vote? Why or why not?
Sometimes. When I do abstain, it isn't out of apathy, it is a deliberate act to demonstrate either my lack of faith in any candidate or any party. After all, they do take turnout levels seriously too.

8. When it comes to campaign ads, which kind do you respond to:
a. Negative ads
b. Positive ads
As in answer 6, I want to know what a person will do in office.

9. Has a campaign ever swayed your vote?
It has to for all of us, unless you doggly vote for the same person/party no matter what they say or what their policies are. An example of this from the UK is that the Labour Party in 2016 is quite different from the Labour Party in 1997

10. Do you pay attention to who placed/paid for the ad?
Yes

Bonus: Select all that you agree with, select as many or as few as you like.
a. U.S. Presidential campaign lasts way too long
Yes, and do we really know much more about their policies than we did at the start?

b. U.S. candidates for President waste a lot of money
I don't know much about their finances and if I did, how do we define and measure 'waste'? At it's logical conclusion, the loser has 'wasted' all of their money.


c. 2016 U.S. Presidential Race is a steaming pile of poo!
It's been entertaining, that's for sure. But in my opinion, neither are fit for office as representatives and leaders for a nation.

TMI Tuesday blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

random