1. When sizing up (assessing) your romantic relationship, is there a couple that you envy? Why? (Can be a couple you know or famous/celebrity couple)
I think that envy is such a waste of an emotion as it is not going to change you or your circumstances so why put yourself through the hurt? Anyway, if you do wish to swap with someone, surely the deal is that you have to take the whole of their life, so I’m sure that there would be less appealing sections too.
2. Thinking of your current relationship, which stage are you in?
a. Infatuation stage – Intense attraction and an uncontrollable urge to be with each other, strong sexual attraction.
b. Understanding stage – You both start getting to know each other better, and everything about your partner interests and fascinates you.
c. Moulding stage – You each know what you want in a partner and you start moulding each other to change in effort to create a stranger, lasting relationship.
d. If you have made it this far you are in the advanced stages of a relationship, which one best represents the current status of your relationship:
1) Stage of doubt – This is not what you want in a partner, and you have thoughts of ending the relationship.
2) Happy stage – You’ve worked out most of the kinks in your relationship, you know each others flaws and can deal with them. You are comfortable and enjoying the relationship in what you believe will be a long-lasting one.
We have (a) an intense attraction and strong sexual attraction to each other, (b) we are very interested and fascinated with each other and it has been long lasting………but we have no interest in working out the ‘kinks’ within it, in fact we would like more!!
3. If you are not currently in a romantic relationship, at which stage did your last relationship end? (see stages above).
4. Do you think you are too good for your current partner? Why do you feel this way?
What a strange question and why would anyone be in a relationship where they felt that way?
5. Write a 25-word love note to your current significant other or to a person with whom you are infatuated .
I have never been in a relationship with someone like you before, I didn’t think that I ever could be and I am so pleased that I am.
(3 words over)
Bonus: Have you ever been obsessively “in love” with someone and perhaps borderline clingy? How did you get over your obsession?
When younger, being in a relationship was very significant, but as I have got older you realise that you take knocks along the way and it is easier on yourself to be practical and realistic….but always fall in to the passionate moments along the journey or otherwise you can miss out on some of the most wonderful joys in life.